Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Triple layer brownies

I am not going to lie. I found this recipe on the back of the brownie box. I was in a bind one night and needed a quick dessert. I was out to impress. I wasn't about to take JUST brownies! :) So I was desperate for a recipe and a fast, easy one. One where I had all the ingredients on hand. This is just that type of recipe and it looks like you spent hours. And it's so yummy.

Make brownies according to recipe in 9x13 pan.
Cool. Top brownies with vanilla frosting from tub. Then put a layer on chipped peanuts on top. In a sauce pan melt two cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter together. Then pour that mixture over crushed rice cereal. I used Special K but it actually called for Rice Krispies. Smooth that mixture over brownies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment