I've always used my old stand-by banana bread recipe (the Cinnamon Swirl one on this blog), but I've officially switched b/c that one hasn't worked for me the last few times. This one is amazing! Its super moist and has awesome flavor. Really easy to make and we still swirl our cinnamon into it and make muffins.
Sour Cream Banana Bread
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract (either are delicious!)
- 1½ cup mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ c sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla or coconut extract then add eggs, beating well after each egg.
- Add mashed bananas and mix well.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Beating on low, add ⅓ of the dry ingredients until just combined. Add ¼ cup of the sour cream, beat on low until just combined. Repeat with ⅓ of the dry ingredients, then the rest of the sour cream, then finishing with the last ⅓ of the dry ingredients, making sure to mix until just combined with each addition. (I just threw it all in together and it didn't make a difference)
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. For muffins, bake 20-25 minutes, or until muffin springs back when you lightly push the center.