Monday, April 17, 2017
Friday, March 24, 2017
I've always used my old stand-by banana bread recipe (the Cinnamon Swirl one on this blog), but I've officially switched b/c that one hasn't worked for me the last few times. This one is amazing! Its super moist and has awesome flavor. Really easy to make and we still swirl our cinnamon into it and make muffins.
Sour Cream Banana Bread
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract (either are delicious!)
- 1½ cup mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ c sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla or coconut extract then add eggs, beating well after each egg.
- Add mashed bananas and mix well.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Beating on low, add ⅓ of the dry ingredients until just combined. Add ¼ cup of the sour cream, beat on low until just combined. Repeat with ⅓ of the dry ingredients, then the rest of the sour cream, then finishing with the last ⅓ of the dry ingredients, making sure to mix until just combined with each addition. (I just threw it all in together and it didn't make a difference)
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. For muffins, bake 20-25 minutes, or until muffin springs back when you lightly push the center.
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Pic Courtesy Google Images
I made this a few days ago and it was SO good. I didn't think it would be a hit, but they loved it! I made it with the Divine Breadsticks from the same site and everyone gobbled it up! It makes a ton, so half it.:)
White Chicken Lasagna Soup
Pic courtesy of Google
I made this for dinner last week and it was DELICIOUS! My kids all gobbled it up and Christian even loved it. Yum!
Perfected Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
|Pic courtesy of A Bountiful Kitchen|
I made this a few weeks ago and we all loved it. It was an easy, comfort meal.
Aunt Sheri's Chicken Lasagna
1- 12 oz package of wide egg noodles (cooked al dente)
Sunday, November 20, 2016
This was gone before I even had a chance to take a picture of it, so this stock one will do and its pretty dang close. But, while I was preparing it, I did think "this is the prettiest salad I have ever made" because the colors are so gorgeous and perfect for Thanksgiving (or anytime!). It was absolutely delicious too! You could easily add chicken to make it a full meal.
The Perfect Fall Salad
8-10 cups assorted greens (kale, romaine, mixed greens)
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (could sub goat cheese)
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 large red-skinned apple, diced
1 large sweet potatoe, peeled, diced and roasted with EVOO,salt, and pepper
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
dash Tabasco sauce
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Whisk together dressing ingredients.
3 Tbs. butter
1 1/2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped pecans
Over medium heat, melt butter in a pan and add sugar, spices, and salt. Add pecan pieces and stir until well-coated. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar caramelizes and pecans darken slightly in color. Transfer mixture to a paper bag or parchment paper to cool. Toss or shake occasionally to break up pieces.
Assemble salad ingredients. To avoid browning, apples can be added directly to dressing or dice just prior to serving. Toss salad altogether and serve.