Thursday, March 25, 2010

Honey Wheat Bread

I'm calling this 66% whole wheat bread because, I have to be honest, it's not 100% whole wheat, although you get plenty of good whole wheat in there. I've been trying to find the perfect whole wheat bread recipe, and I've finally found what works for our family. My kids love it! My only complaint is that it only makes one loaf at a time, so I feel like I'm making bread all the time! This is truly delicious, straight out of the oven or 4 days later.
This...


turns into this...


Honey Wheat Bread
my friend found the recipe on the internet, I don't remember where

1 1/8 cups warm water
4 Tbs. honey
1 tsp. salt
1 cup bread flour (Gold Medal brand is best)
2 cups whole wheat flour (King Arthur brand is best if you use store-bought. I grind my own Prairie Gold Wheat from Wheat Montana, and it is delicious)
2 Tbs. softened butter
1 1/2 tsp. yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine in the order listed above, and turn on the dough cycle. When finished, shape into loaf (I slap onto dough the counter and fold one edge to the middle, rotate, then do the same thing to each edge until I've gone all the way around). Let rise 30-40 minutes in loaf pan sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and butter top of loaf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment