Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas and Chicken

I never make food this fattening anymore, whether it's because my husband is on a major health-food kick, or because we're in our 30s and we have to watch that kind of thing, I don't know. But since I'm pregnant and I'm gonna get fat anyway....well, enough said. While my husband was out of town, I made it and my kids and I devoured it! I doubled the recipe, but didn't use nearly as much butter as it calls for. I could have doubled everything except the butter, and it would have still been great.


Fettucine Alfredo with Peas and Chicken
adapted from Cuisine at Home Magazine

12 oz. chicken breast, cut up
8 Tbs. unsalted butter
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup shredded Italian cheese
9 oz. fettuccine
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed

Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Cut chicken and season with salt and pepper. Melt 2 Tbs. butter in saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining butter and cream. Bring to boil and simmer until butter melts and sauce thickens (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently. Stir cheese and peas into cream mixture. Cook until melted. Season with lots of salt and pepper and combine with fettuccine.

1 comments:

Jessica can eat said...

Yum! I am trying this tonight. I typed in chicken alfredo with peas and I clicked this picture because it looked the best. Nice job!

Post a Comment