Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tuscan Bread Salad


This is a recipe from our ward cookbook. Amy Foulger is a totally gourmet cook- anything and everything she makes is delicious- this is her recipe. You must try this- it was absolutely divine. My kids don't eat this, so I divided everything so Brian and I had it two nights in a row. The first night I cubed the bread and ate it all on a plate with the chopped romaine(like a salad). The next night I cut the loaf length-wise, toasted it, and put everything on top- this was my favorite way to eat it. I cannot tell you how perfectly delicious it was!

Tuscan Bread Salad

Amy Foulger

1 loaf rustic country bread (I used a ciabatta loaf)
1 large ball fresh mozzarella
2 large tomatoes
1/2 c. fresh basil, chopped
Chopped Romaine

Dressing: 1 clove garlic, 6 Tbs. olive oil, 3 Tbs. Balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Chop tomato and cheese into 1-inch cubes. Spread bread on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned. Mix tomatoes and basil in a small bowl. As the bread comes out of the oven, layer the tomato mix, cheese and romaine on top. Pour dressing on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired. You have to be creative with this and figure out which way to eat it that suits your preferences the best. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment