Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cinnamon Belgian Waffles

Its no secret that I love breakfast food and I definitely have my favorite recipe for waffles.  However, I'm always up for trying something new.  In this case, I'm so glad I did.  I might be adding cinnamon to waffles from here on out.  We served this with maple syrup, fresh whipped cream and bananas.  So delicious.
Cinnamon Belgian Waffles
Recipe from allrecipes.com

2 eggs, separated
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 Tbs. white sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pinch ground cinnamon (add more if you prefer)

Preheat your waffle iron.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla, buttermilk, and butter until well blended.  Whisk in all dry ingredients- don't overmix.  In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff.  Fold gently into the waffle batter.  Cook batter in waffle maker until steam subsides.  This makes about 3 large waffles- so if you are cooking for a crowd, I would definitely double the recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment