Sunday, October 7, 2012

Jennefer's Cinnamon Rolls

It was love at first taste with these babies. They are better than ANY homemade cinnamon roll I have ever had. No contest. And they are pretty easy. I don't even look around for recipes any more. I once strayed and tried a cinnabon recipe but went back to this one. Jennefer got it from a friend and I could've sworn it was on the blog because its a staple among all of us. Shocked it wasn't on here!

Ingredients:
1/2 c warm water
1/4 c butter, melted
1/2 (3.4oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 c warm milk
1 egg, room temp.
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt
4 c bread flour (I have always just used regular!)
1 pkg yeast

Put ingredients in bread machine and mix on dough cycle. I don't have a bread machine so I put it in my Bosch and just mix it for about ten minutes. Turn dough onto slightly floured surface and roll into 17x10 rectangle. Spread with 1/4 c softened butter. Combine in a small bowl 1 c brown sugar and 4 t cinnamon. You can add chopped pecans into the mix if desired. Spread evenly over dough. Roll up from long end to long end. Cut into 1inch slices. Mom's tip: use floss or sewing thread to cut...just ease the string under then tie it around and off, slicing the dough. Let rise until double, about 45 minutes. Preheat over to 350. Bake for 12-15 minutes. While rolls bake mix the icing.
Mix the following with beaters:
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c butter
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/8 t salt

Put icing on WHILE ROLLS ARE HOT! Devour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment