Friday, December 25, 2009

Perfect One Bowl Brownies

Merry Christmas! I made these brownies the other day from The Sister's Cafe and they were delish. I've always a strong supporter of brownies from a box because it just didn't seem like homemade brownies were ever as moist and chocolatey as boxed ones. But, I tried this because I needed something fast, easy, and last-minute. "Mmmm good," is all I and everyone that tried them had to say.

Perfect One Bowl Brownies
from The Sister's Cafe

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips (or however many you like)


Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl melt butter in microwave, then stir in oil, sugar and cocoa. With a wooden spoon stir in the remainder of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Spread into a 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top (I like my chocolate chips better mixed in, but whichever you prefer). Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. If your toothpick comes out clean you have cooked them too long! DO NOT OVERCOOK!

1 comments:

Andrea W. said...

I'll have to try this. I totally agree that the box kind are always better than the kind I make from scratch. Thanks!

Post a Comment