Sunday, December 6, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Pic courtesy of Sweet Pea

If you are in any way a Jewkes and you haven't tried these cookies
, well, where have you been? These are definitely in my arsenal of all-time top 3 favorite cookies. Every time, and I mean, EVERY TIME, I make these I'm asked for the recipe. They are pretty much no-fail and are just the right combo of sweet, chocolatey, and satisfying. It should also be noted that the recipe is a great base for any variety of mix-ins you might fancy, whether it be chocolate chips, Reese's, Oreos, peanut butter, white chocolate, etc., etc.

Chewy Chocolate Cookies
(I can't take credit for this recipe, but I honestly can't remember where I got it and there's no reference)

1 1/4 c butter, softened
2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
3/4 c cocoa (I usually add 1/8 to 1/4 cup more cocoa b/c I'm a chocoholic)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
whatever mix-ins you like

Cream butter and sugar in large mixer bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Blend into creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment