Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Pic courtesy of Sister's Cafe

And...it's another soup recipe. This one isn't as damaging to the waistline as the last one I posted. I made this last night and I love the twist that is on traditional chicken noodle soup. My family gobbled it up! Enjoy!

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
adapted from Sister's Cafe

2 cans chicken broth (14oz)
3 T chicken bouillon (I just use 3 cubes)
2-3 cups of water depending on desired thickness (you can add more later, too)
1 c. carrots, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped (I omitted this b/c my husband doesn't like celery)
1/2 med onion, chopped
12 oz. noodles, homestyle egg pasta (I used whole wheat egg noddles and they were so good)
1 1/2 lbs cooked, chopped chicken breast
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 12oz can evaporated milk

Boil the broth, bouillon, water, carrots, celery and onion for 20 minutes, or until tender. Add noodles and boil for another 10 minutes. You can half cook the noddles in a separate pot of water beforehand so they don't absorb all the broth and then add them to the vegetable-broth mixture. Add more water as necessary. Then add chicken, cream of chicken soup and canned milk. Heat thoroughly. Add pepper to taste.

*Sidenote*: This makes a LOT of soup, so you can half the recipe with great results or eat it and then freeze the rest for another night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment