Monday, December 21, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Chili

This is guaranteed to be one of the easiest, no-fail soup recipes you'll ever make. But what it lacks in complexity, it definitely makes up for in taste. My mother-in-law made this for us a few years ago and I was flabbergasted at the short ingredient list. It's one of the recipes that will always be in my dinner rotation- a sure staple. Not to mention it's one my family's faves.

Crockpot Chicken Chili
JoLynn Bell

1-2 chicken breasts (depending on size, I usually use 2 for a more hearty soup)
24 oz salsa (I just use the cheapest store brand because in all the times I have made this, I can never tell a difference between the expensive salsas and the cheap ones)
4 oz pepperjack cheese (if you're spice-averse, do half cheddar or colby jack)
2 cans Great Northern beans

Place all ingredients in crock pot on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken and serve topped with sour cream, tortilla chips, and more cheese, if you like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment