Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Black Bean Brownies



So....why am I, Claire, posting this??? When I could probably out-eat any person in my family in a sugar-eating contest? Something to brag about, I know. After all, I have eaten a dozen krispie kremes in one day. Annnnnyway, the results of eating all that sugar got to me. So, I am participating in a local biggest loser contest. So, in order to satisfy my INSANE sugar craving to some degree so I don't become a serial killer, I have been on the hunt for fake-out recipes. I found this and was very skeptical of its worthiness as a "brownie" because after all, they did get a five star rating on allrecipes.com. They were great! Awesome! Would I eat them if I weren't dieting? Sure, you bet. Brownie to brownie they are definitely not as rich, but an absolutely excellent substitute. Not to mention it could really be a meal considering the protein. And I loved the texture. TRY them but do NOT omit chocolate chips...they are the real favor in this. Next time I am going to try and even use half applesauce half veg. oil to cut calories and maybe even splenda instead of real sugar!

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES

Ingredients


1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained

3 eggs

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1 pinch salt1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup white sugar

1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions: combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips in blender. Pour in prepared, greased pie dish then sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.  Calories: 126 per slice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment