Thursday, April 12, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings


Pretty much whenever I see "slow cooker" I am all over it. That so captures my lifestyle right now. I love love love slow cooker meals. I found this recipe at allrecipes.com but I adapted it...a lot. And then when Jason said, "Can you keep that recipe?" I knew I had found not only a success but a new family staple. This was RIDICULOUSLY easy and so delicious.

Ingredients:
4 thin chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
4 T butter
3 T minced onions
1/2 t cumin
1 t parsley
Dash of Mrs. Dash or season salt
Salt and pepper
4 c water plus 4 tsp bouillon chicken base (or just use chicken broth or water and real bouillons)
1 large can of refrigerator biscuits or two small cans

Directions:
Place all ingredients except for biscuits in the crock pot on high. Cook for 5-6 hours. One hour before it time to eat cut up your biscuits with kitchen shears. Cook for an add'l hour. Break up chicken with fork (should shred effortlessly) and serve. I know it might seem too runny before adding biscuits...the biscuits will absorb a TON of the liquid. Some people on allrecipes.com said they added veggies. Sky is the limit with the versatility with this recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment