Friday, October 22, 2010

Maple Meatballs

Why are  meatballs such a man meal?  Jake begs me to cook meatballs all the time.  He loved this one, to me it just tasted like another meatball.  A man is definitely a better judge than me on this one.

Maple Meatballs
From Real Mom Kitchen blog

1/2 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 teaspoons dried chives (or 2 tablespoons fresh chives)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
26 (1 pound) frozen, fully cooked meatballs, thawed

In a saucepan, combine syrup, chili sauce, chives, soy sauce,and ground mustard. Bring to a low boil. Add meatballs and then return to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meatballs are thoroughly heated. Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks or over hot cooked rice (I made 1 1/2 recipes of the sauce if I’m doing this). Makes 5-6 servings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment