Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Honey Mustard Chicken

Pic courtesy of My Kitchen Cafe

I have a list of dishes that I always have the ingredients for, no matter how many days (or weeks) it's been since I've been to the grocery store. This is on that list and every time I make it, I fall back in love with it because it's so easy AND so delicious. It's sweet, tangy, a little creamy, and perfect over rice or mashed potatoes, with a side of steamed veggies.

Honey Mustard Chicken
from My Kitchen Cafe

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and tenderized slightly (if they are overly thick, slice them in half)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons mustard (I used the basic yellow mustard, though the original recipe called for Dijon)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken in shallow baking pan. In a small bowl, combine butter, honey, mustard and salt and whisk well. Pour over chicken. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, basting every 15 minutes. Serve by itself or over your favorite starch.




0 comments:

Post a Comment