Sunday, September 19, 2010

Honey Roasted Potatoes

Pic courtesy of allrecipes.com


We had all the siblings here over for Sunday dinner tonight. I decided to make it kinda low-key and just did good old-fashioned BBQ chicken. However, I've been wanting to try some new roasted potato recipes, so I jumped on allrecipes.com and found one of the highest-rated and most interesting roasted potato recipes. I was drawn to them because they seemed so different and they sounded so good. I mean, who doesn't love honey and potatoes??? Ok, so not something I would think to put together either, BUT, let me just tell you- they were scrumptious and definitely the hit tonight (besides Amy's Oreo-laced brownies- c'mon!).

Honey Roasted Red Potatoes

adapted from allrecipes.com

  • 1 pound red potatoes, cubed (I used Yukon Gold's with great results)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 3 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly coat an 11x7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared dish. In a small bowl, combine onion powder, melted butter, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes and onion.
  3. Bake in the preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 45-55 minutes or until tender, stirring every 20 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment