Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

I tried this recipe tonight and it was yummo. It was really easy too. And I think it would great if you had some left over chicken (from a rotisserie or whatever). I have to admit though it was a little on the spicy side. The kids were not huge fans. But the men- oh,the men- they were all in love. I made a few adjustments to this to make it more cupboard friendly. In other words, I didn't have the stuff so I substituted. I will put the adjustments in parenthesis.



Chicken Spaghetti

recipe and picture by Pioneer Woman Cooks

Ingredients
■2 cups Cooked Chicken
■3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
■2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup ( I used one can of cream of chicken. I am not a huge fan of mushrooms)
■2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I used mild...Its what I had and was yummy)
■¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
■¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
■1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained (Did not put these in...what the heck is this anyway?)
■2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot (Or if you use a rotisserie or left overs, use the can )
■1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (I used "Season All" made by McCormick)
■⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper (I used 1/4....like I said, it was too spicy for the kids. I would use 1/2 next time)
■Salt And Pepper, to taste
■1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions
Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. ( I just boiled chicken breasts and did not cook spaghetti in the broth. I did not have time.)

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

0 comments:

Post a Comment