Monday, August 2, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I've been making this recipe for years, and can't believe that I haven't shared it with you all yet!! It's the best way to get rid of those too-ripe-too-fast bananas that are sitting on your kitchen counter collecting fruit flies. Keep in mind...the riper the banana, the better it tastes in your bread!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
adapted from my sis-in-law, Monica

1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
5 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (I always add way more--the more chocolate the better, in my opinion!)

Cream butter and sugar. Add bananas and then eggs and mix slightly. Add vanilla and milk and stir in dry ingredients.

Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes at 350. Makes 2 loaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment