Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Poppy Seed Bread

I love this bread! I think I got a little too much of the topping in the middle (as you can see), but it's still moist and delicious.

Poppy Seed Bread
Monica Sedgwick

Combine:

3 cups flour (unsifted)

1 ½ tsp. salt

1 ½ tsp. baking powder

2 ¼ cups sugar

1 ½ Tbs. poppy seeds

Mix together, then add to first mixture:

3 eggs

1 ½ cups oil

1 ½ cups milk

1 ½ tsp. almond extract

1 ½ tsp. butter extract

1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract

Bake 1 hour in 2 loaf pans at 350.

Topping:

½ cup orange juice

¾ cup sugar

1 tsp. each of almond butter and vanilla extract

(I didn’t have almond butter, so I substituted almond extract and used powdered sugar instead of white sugar).

Poke holes in top of baked bread. Pour on top. Cool. Take out of pans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment