Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dutch Hot Cocoa

I am not sure why but blogger is not letting me upload a picture! Sorry for that! But we all know what hot cocoa looks like! This hot chocolate is a recipe of my mother-in-laws. It has been served at two of my children's blessings. THAT'S how good it is! It might as well be considered a dessert.

DUTCH HOT COCOA
1 gallon whole milk
3 c. half and half or cream
1 c sugar
5 squares semi sweet baking chocolate (I bet you could use semi choc chips!)
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1/2 c Nestle hot chocolate mix (or whatever you have on hand)
Garnishes: Whip cream, cinnamon, shaved chocolate

Directions:
Combine first five ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat making sure chocolate is melted. Discard cinnamon stick.. Add brown sugar, hot chocolate mix and vanilla. Heat through. Top each cup with whip cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and chocolate shavings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment