Thursday, January 21, 2010

Honey Glazed Chicken

This is a new staple meal for our family. I absolutely loved it. I served it with brown rice, and I cooked the chicken for less time than the recipe states. Chicken and rice is always a safe way to go, and this is a new flavor for me. I rarely use curry powder, but the flavors all blended so nicely together.

photo courtesy of My Sister's Cucina

Honey Glazed Chicken
recipe from My Sister's Cucina
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup butter
4 chicken breasts (you could use chicken tenders too! I used about 3 of the frozen chicken breasts from Costco cut up)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a large ziploc bag. Drop chicken in bag and shake to coat. Melt butter and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place flour coated chicken in baking dish and turn to coat both sides with butter. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Honey Glaze Sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 cup butter, melted
Combine all ingredients. Pour over chicken until well coated. Bake for an additional 45 minutes. Serve over rice. (Keep your eye on it, mine started to burn a little bit).

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to make that tomorrow. looks yummy!

Post a Comment