Monday, September 28, 2009

Green Chile and Cilantro Enchiladas Topped with Special Sour Cream Sauce

(Picture courtesy of closetcooking.blogspot.com. I forgot to take a pic of the last batch I made on Wednesday.)

My friend Tara made this recipe for a lunch group probably like 6 months ago and every time I have these, they get more and more yummy to me and they are definitely Christian and my favorite enchilada recipe. This has become my official "if guests are coming to dinner" entree. It's so easy, it's a little New Mexican, and it is oh, so delicious.

Green Chile and Cilantro Enchiladas Topped with Special Sour Cream Sauce


3 C. chopped cooked chicken
2 C. Pepper Jack Cheese (the kind with the jalapeno peppers in it)
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
1/3 C. chopped cilantro
8-10 flour tortillas


Sour Cream Sauce Mix:
1-8oz. sour cream
1 8oz. green taco sauce (I prefer La Victoria brand, you can find it at any grocery store.)


Instructions:
Mix Enchilada filling ingredients, spoon and spread over tortillas and roll up. Arrange in 9x13 baking pan and coat with cooking spray. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Optional: For the last 10 minutes of baking take out and put some of the sour cream sauce and some extra pepper jack or Mexican blend cheese on top. Serve with sour cream sauce and your favorite salsa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment