Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies


I know the world doesn't need another chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I made these yesterday for a dinner party we were having. Dave had a bunch of work friends over, and I felt like I should do something home-made to go with the burgers and chips. They were a hit, so I will definitely use this recipe again! Today they are not as moist as I would like, and I'm not sure if it's because I left them sitting out for too long last night, or if there's something more I can add to the recipe to make them moister. Let me know if you have any ideas on that!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Allison Weenig in the Capistrano 2nd Ward cookbook


1 1/2 cups shortening (I used 1 cup butter flavored shortening, plus 1/2 cup unsalted butter)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (don't pack)
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1 bag of chocolate chips (I added more, and mixed milk and semi-sweet)

Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and beat. Stir in dry ingredients and bake at 375 for 8 minutes. They will look slightly under-baked when you take them out, with some of the peaks slightly browning.

1 comments:

Sarah Plewe said...

I was wondering if this recipe doesn't call for vanilla or if it was mistakenly left off???

Post a Comment