Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pesto Orecchiette With Chicken Sausage

picture courtesy of realsimple.com

This is one of the easiest recipes I have made in a while. Twenty minutes. For real. Awesomeness. Lincoln had seconds and my picky picky two-year old had thirds. Enough said. And Orecchiette pasta is possibly the cutest pasta I have ever used. My kids said they looked like little hats. And THAT right there made it even more fun to eat!

Pesto Orecchiette With Chicken Sausage


Ingredients


12 ounces orecchiette (the only brand I could find was De Cecco)

1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (I used frozen)

1 cup frozen peas

1 tablespoon olive oil

8 ounces fully cooked Italian-style chicken sausage links, thinly sliced (I used Jennie-O turkey sausage b/c I couldn't find chicken sausage- it was really good!)
1/3 cup pesto

1/2 cup grated Parmesan
 
Put oil in pan and slice sausage into pan. Fry. Next time I will just spray the pan...who needs olive oil like that? Boil pasta according to directions on box. In the last three minutes of the boiling, add the veggies. Reserve 1 cup of water from the pasta. Drain the rest. Add the remaining ingredients and 1 cup of reserved water and mix with drained pasta and veggies. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parmesan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment