Thursday, March 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake

Pic courtesy of allrecipes.com

I first got the idea for this cake from Bake or Break, but I wanted an easier, less dense version. So, I went the trusty, old allrecipes.com route and found this highly ranked beauty. Note: My cake looked nothing like picture above. I kind of mixed the Bake or Break recipe with the allrecipes.com one and came up with something totally new and scrumptious. It was like having cake that tasted like my favorite cookie.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake
adapted from allrecipes.com

1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c butter, softened
4 eggs
1 (18.25 ounce) package butter cake mix (I just used a yellow cake mix with great results)
2/3 c water
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9x13, bundt, 2 9-inch rounds, or whatever you want to use. Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each one. Add cake mix alternately with the water. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 25-30 min., or until cake tests done. Cool.

Optional: I put a chocolate ganache over mine, but I think it would be good plain, or with some rich or milk chocolate frosting, or even with peanut butter frosting. Most of these recipes can be found on the blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment