Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

pic courtesy of allrecipes.com

Mmmmm. My taco seasoning was expired and I was craving tacos tonight. So, I got on allrecipes.com and searched for the highest rated homemade taco seasoning, mixed it up, and crossed my fingers. And, wow- let me tell you- I will never buy another packet of taco seasoning! The flavors were so much more defined and intense. I loved it and so did my family.

Homemade Taco Seasoning
from allrecipes.com
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I subbed cayenne pepper to bring down the heat)
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  1. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
  2. Mix with approx. 2 pounds of meat, beans, or whatever your heart desires.

0 comments:

Post a Comment