Saturday, July 10, 2010

Salt and Pepper Red Potatoes

I thought I cooked an all-around delicious meal for Father's Day but these were so good that this is all people commented on. In other words--make these! You won't regret it!

Salt & Pepper Red Potatoes
Your Homebased Mom

small red potatoes
butter
olive oil
coarse salt
coarse pepper (I just used whole peppercorns and smashed them up a bit!)

Bake at 350 degrees. I used a 8 x 8 pan and placed about 2 Tbsp melted butter in the pan. After washing potatoes, dry them. Place potatoes in pan and turn to coat with the butter. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt (don’t be afraid to use a lot!) Sprinkle with pepper and bake in oven for 2 hours. Back uncovered. I promise they will be o.k.
After removing from the oven place in bowl and pour the sauce left on the bottom of the pan over the potatoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment