Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fettucine Alfredo

Kate was home sick on Monday and I had no groceries in my fridge so I was forced to come up with something for dinner that would work with what I have. I tried this and I thought it turned out really delicious. I didn't use any meat, but I'm sure you could add in some cooked, seasoned chicken breast if you'd like. I found a recipe on Kraft Kitchens that sounded great, but I had to improvise with what I had, so I'm going to take credit for this recipe. But this is their picture...
Picture Courtesy Kraft Kitchens

Fettuccine Alfredo

1 package Buitoni Linguine Noodles (or use whatever noodle you prefer)
Vegetables you have on hand ( I used broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and a yellow pepper)
2 cups whole milk (or any type milk would work)
1 Tbs. flour
Salt to taste
Dash black pepper
Dash Red pepper

2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tsp. minced garlic

parmesan cheese (to taste and to thicken sauce- I used about 1/3 c.)
1/2 c. grated Mozzarella Cheese


Cut your vegetable to bite-size portions and either steam or saute them in olive oil, salt and pepper. I used a LOT of veggies. Cook pasta according to package. In small saucepan, stir flour, milk, salt, black pepper, red pepper with wire whisk until smooth. Add butter and garlic, cook 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce starts to thicken. Add cheeses, stirring until melted. Turn off the heat and add veggies, pasta and sauce together. Serve immediately.

** If you're interested in cooking more meatless dishes, here are a couple that I've made without the meat and they've turned out DELICIOUS (I promise, you won't even notice the meat is gone): Skillet Penne with Broccoli and Peppers, Simple and "Meaty" Skillet Lasagna, and Bruschetta Pasta

0 comments:

Post a Comment