Monday, February 1, 2010

Chocolate Mountains

Mmm....Just looking at these beauties is making me salivate. Literally, no joke, these are hands down the best cookies I've ever eaten. And...it's not just me! Everyone who tried them LOVED them! Please, do yourself a favor and whip some of these dreamies up!


Chocolate Mountains
from Yourhomebasedmom.com

1/2 C shortening
1/2 C evaporated milk
2 Tbsp water
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 C cocoa
1/2 C chopped walnuts, optional (I didn’t put them in)
24 large marshmallows, cut in half ( I didn't have any so I just used 4 mini mallows)

Beat well shortening, milk, water, egg and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients except marshmallows, blend well. Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Quickly place marshmallow half (sticky side down) on each cookie. Let cool.

Frosting:
1/3 C soft butter
2 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
About 2 Tbsp milk
6 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp oil
Combine frosting ingredients and beat until smooth. Frost marshmallows like a mountain. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment