Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper and Asiago Caesar Salad

On our recent girls' trip to Utah, we ate at Cafe Zupas and I ordered this salad and their amazing Cauliflower Soup (if you ever go, you MUST try this soup).  It was a perfect combination.  I kept thinking that I could make this same salad at home and so I went home and did just that.  Its so delicious and so easy to throw together.  What I loved about it too is that you can make it into a meal by  adapting it to what you and your kids like (see suggestions below).  My kids LOVED this when I added pasta to it and we all ate it for dinner.
Roasted Red Pepper and Asiago Caesar Salad
Adapted from Cafe Zupas

Head of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
Jar of sweet Roasted Red Peppers, diced small (add desired portion)
Asiago Cheese, shredded
Brianne's Asiago Caesar Dressing (found in dressing aisle)
Garlic Croutons (we like Texas Toast Garlic & Butter flavor)
Shredded Chicken (optional)

** Preparation Suggestions: you can prepare this however you like, whatever proportions you like.  Leave out the croutons, add shredded chicken, add a box of cooked pasta, make it into a wrap, whatever you like! We made it without chicken and added cooked pasta and ate it as a main course. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment