Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Pancakes (and vegan to boot!)

I usually workout in the morning. So, I really aim to get a lot of protein and something very satiating that will get me through til lunch. This fit the bill and was delicious to me. If you are used to really sweet things, this might not do it for you. Its a healthy pancake. My kids wouldn't eat it but I swear they won't eat anything with less than 100 g of sugar in it. Its a problem.

Ingredients:
1 very ripe banana
1 t baking powder
1 flax egg (1 T flax seed + 2.5 T water...let sit for 3-5 min!)
pinch of salt
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 T almond butter (I am sure you could use peanut butter!)
1 T canola oil or coconut oil
3 T almond milk (I used regular)
1/2 c rolled oats
1/4 c whole wheat flour
3 T semisweet choc.chips (non-dairy for vegans!)

Heat skillet. Mash banana with baking powder then add remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips. Combine. Then fold in chocolate chips. Cook on sprayed skillet. Top with your choice of syrup or agave.

*Makes 5-6 small pancakes. 3.5 pancakes= 400 cals, fiber-6.5g, protein-7g. I was stuffed after two!

0 comments:

Post a Comment