Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DIY Reeses Peanut Butter Egg

Get in my belly! Oh my gosh....this is food heaven. Food at its best people. If you like the Reeses Eggs (the ratio of PB is a little higher) or any combination of PB and Chocolate...this recipe will be your thang. Its phenomenal. I am so making these for Christmas treats. Just so ya know. A little labor-intensive with having to form each ball (I did balls not eggs b/c its not Easter!) but easy at the same time. You all think a Reeses can't get better? Well...have you ever had a homemade one? Yes. It can get better. I swiftly gave away as many of these as I could (my newest trick for not over-eating) and have only eaten two this whole day. Kudos to me! I pinned this on pinterest weeks ago and after a week full of epic pinterest recipe fails, I was skeptical. But boy, my faith is restored! This is from thewhimsicalprincess.blogspot.com.
Ingredients: (lets just pretend- for our conscience's sake that these are low cal/law fat ingredients mmkay?)
-4 cups of powdered sugar
-1.5 cups of smooth peanut butter
-1/4 cup butter, melted -2-3 T milk
-1 T shortening
-3 c. semi-sweet chocolate ( I am not a huge fan of semi but milk would be disgustingly sweet...never thought I would say that but the semi is delicious!)

Directions: Mix sugar, peanut butter and butter with hand mixer. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency. Should look like dry play dough. Form each individual ball/egg in your hand and place on cookie sheet. No need to spray. Place in the freezer for at least an hour. Combine chocolate and shortening in microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval until chocolate is smooth (It only took about 2 min for mine). Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.The blogger recommended using a skewer but I didn't have any so I just used a spoon and rolled it around then put it on the wax paper. It worked great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment