Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Perfect Baked Potato

This came from the Sister's recipe book- and we love it at our house. It really does make the perfect baked potato every time...seriously delicious. I made them tonight and topped them with some shredded pork, which I'll be posting later this week. Enjoy!
Picture courtesy Google Images
The Perfect Baked Potato
Becky Jewkes

Scrub 4 baking potatoes and pat dry. Pierce each potato 3-4 times with a fork and then rub with olive oil for a crispier skin. Roll in salt. Do not wrap in foil as this holds in moisture, causing a texture similar to a boiled potato. Place potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Add 5 minutes to the bake time for every additional potato above four.

1 comments:

jennie said...

I had Dave and Jess's kids at my house this weekend and tried making potatoes this way. They were a hit. I will never make them any other way. Thanks for the recipe!

Post a Comment