Thursday, March 1, 2018

Drumsticks from heaven





A friend brought me dinner the other day and brought copies of her recipes along with dinner which I thought was a great idea. The main were a tray of baked drumsticks that were to die for and when I looked at the recipe I was shocked to see how simple it was! The ingredients (other than the chicken) are something I always have in my pantry anyway. They go great with pretty much any sides and are a neutral but absolutely delicious flavor.

Ingredients
1 large pack chicken drumsticks (4-5 lbs)
1 onion grated
1 tsp cracked pepper
1 tbsp course salt
2 tbsp greek yogurt or mayo

Instructions
  1. Mix all marinade ingredients together.
  2. In a large bag or bowl, toss the marinade with the drumsticks, coating them evenly.
  3. Marinade overnight or 6-8 hours, of you think ahead. If not, it was still delicious without marinading!
  4. Coat a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and load up with the drumsticks, skin side up.
  5. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes, then flip over and bake for 15 minutes more.
  6. Flip back to skin side up for serving!
  7. Let sit for 10-20 minutes before serving.



0 comments:

Post a Comment