Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pecan Pie

Jason's favorite dessert is pecan pie. I've been on a mission to find the perfect pecan pie recipe to rival that of the famous Elizabeth who brought him pies in Hampton weekly. Don't worry, I'm not too intimidated by her-- She's 80 years old! After two different recipes from allrecipes.com, I think I found our favorite. I guess I'm getting old because I've never even liked pecan pie and always considered it "old people food". I like it now! And I was pleased with how easy it is!

Pecan Pie

INGREDIENTS:
1 3/4 c white sugar
1/4 dark karo (I used regular) corn syrup
1/4 c butter
1 T cold water
2 t corn starch
3 eggs
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla extract
1 1/4 c whole pecans
1 pie shell (I like Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. In medium sauce pan heat first five ingredients. Bring to boil and remove from heat. In large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Gradually pour in hot mixture and combine with eggs using beaters. Stir in salt and vanilla. Pour into pie shell and bake for 45-50 minutes. Let sit for about an hour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment