Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fairbanks Rolls

My friend Robyn is famous around Augusta for these rolls. They are amazing. To me, the flavor is unparalleled. She also uses this same recipe for cinnamon rolls. Its worth ordering the dough enhancer! This will be your new favorite recipe. I also love that it only makes two dozen. Its the perfect amount for a Sunday dinner! She uses a bread maker but I used my bosch.

INGREDIENTS:
1 heaping T of yeast
3 cups of bread flour
1/4 c sugar
1/3 c powdered milk
1 t salt
1/4 c melted butter
1 1/2 egg
1 c warm water
1 heaping T dough enhancer

Put in mixer and mix for ten minutes. Let it raise in mixer until it doubles (about 1-2 hrs).  Turn dough out onto floured surface. Cut into 24 squares and pinch four corners together underneath. Dip top in butter and place on buttered cookie sheet. Raise 2-3 hours. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Makes two dozen.
*I didnt have dough enhancer the first time so I used vital wheat gluten and they were still delicious!



0 comments:

Post a Comment