I know, it's been a while since I posted. I am on a health kick right now so am trying new recipes. We had this one tonight and it was so, so good....and easy! I am not usually a ground turkey kind of girl but these were very flavorful. We used some bruschetta that I bought at Sam's Club but I am sure this homemade bruschetta is also amazing.
Mozzarella Stuffed Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Balsamic Glaze
From Iowa Girl Eats Blog
Ingredients (makes 4 burgers)
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl combine turkey, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese. Divide mixture into 8 portions.
- Line a peanut butter jar lid with foil, then plastic wrap and press 1 portion of the turkey mixture into the lid. Heap 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the middle, then top with another portion of turkey. Press down to seal, then invert the patty onto a plate. Continue until you have 4 burger patties.
- Grill burgers for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side over medium heat.
- combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer, and stir frequently, until the vinegar has reached the consistency of thin maple syrup.
- Top grilled burgers with Bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.