Sunday, September 8, 2013

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars

DSC_0050
 Pic courtesy Sisters Cafe


I love when I can make something at home that I used to buy at the store. I know exactly what's going in to it and it tastes SO much better! These are no exception. Next time, I'll double them b/c they were gone so fast!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars
from The Sisters Cafe 


2 1/2 cups oats (*can use gluten free oats)
1/2 cup rice krispy cereal (*can use gluten free rice krispy cereal)
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/8 cup honey
2 TB corn syrup (optional- I didn't use this)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Put butter , peanut butter, honey and corn syrup (if using) in a small saucepan over low heat until liquid.  Add remaining ingredients to a bowl.  Pour liquid from saucepan over the dry stuff and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8×8 pan.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes–I did almost 30 minutes but I did double the recipe.  Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars.
Let it set completely and then cut into bars. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment