Saturday, March 9, 2013

1234 Spicy Beans

Pic courtesy google images
I got this recipe from the Nutrition Digest magazine that my mother-in-law gives me for Christmas every year. I saw this recipe and knew that I wanted to try it. It was so easy and so yummy. It's the perfect lunch. I threw it on a whole wheat tortilla with a little cheese and salsa. It would be good plain, with rice, with some avocado, or on a salad. Go beans!:)

1234 Spicy Beans
adapted from Nutrition Digest

1 Tbs olive oil
3 minced cloves of garlic
1 tsp chili powder
15 oz. can of no-salt-added black beans, drained
1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)

Saute garlic in olive oil for 1 minute. Stir in chili powder and cook for 15 seconds. Add beans with just enough water to cover the beans. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment