Sunday, December 9, 2012

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

Jason has been hard to please lately. And honestly, I have been utterly sick of cooking the same thing over and over again and can't say I really blame him. This recipe got me out of my rut! YAY! Compliments all around even from our dinner guests. And it looks gorgeous but is effortless. I made a few adjustments according to what I had in my cupboard.
recipe and picture from candcmarriagefactory.com

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
RUB:
-3 pound pork loin (I used sirloin roast but the recipe calls for pork loin)
-1.5 tsp sage (I used thyme because I was out of sage)
-3/4 t salt
-1/2 t pepper
-1 T garlic powder

Mix the dry ingredients and rub on raw pork with your hands. Place in crockpot with 1/2 c water for 6-8 hours.

GLAZE:
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
-1/2 c water
- 2 T soy sauce

Combine glaze ingredients in a pan and heat and stir until it thickens. Brush onto pork several times within the last hour of it cooking. Remove pork and shred/cut. Serve glaze on the side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment