Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Dressing




I'm not a big fan of stuffing a turkey. I like mine a little on the drier side rather than a big ball of mush. So I tried this recipe last week for our feast, and I loved it! I couldn't find Mrs. Cubbison's herb dressing in the store, so I used the entire box of seasoned dressing and added my own herbs--sage, thyme, and celery salt.

Thanksgiving Dressing
Jessica Sedgwick

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups chopped celery, include leaves
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 box Mrs. Cubbison Herb Dressing
1/2 box Mrs. Cubbison Seasoned Dressing
3/4 cup cooked wild rice
3/4 cup dehydrated cranberries
3/4 cup chopped peeled apples
1 1/2 cups chicken stock

Melt butter in 8-12 quart pot. Saute the celery and onions until limp. Add the herbed and seasoned dressings, rice, cranberries, and apples. Toss to mix well. Pour the chicken stock over the dressing evenly and toss to stir. Spray a 9x13 dish with non-stick vegetable spray. Lightly fill pan level. Do not pack. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Serves 8-10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment