Sunday, September 10, 2017

Protein Balls




We went on a ladies-only backpacking trip this weekend and it was SO fun. One of my friends made these protein balls. I didn't think much of them because I usually hate this stuff, but these were seriously AMAZING. They were the first snack gone and I've been craving the ever since.


Protein Balls
Recipe from Anne Kimble

Spray measuring cups with coconut oil (or Pam) 
1 cup all natural peanut butter (I use the big tub of Adam's crunchy from Costco)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Combine above ingredients

Then slowly add:
2 1/2 cups brown rice crispies (There are few brands you can find at Sprouts or Whole Foods)
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup chia seeds (Some people use 1/8 cup, but I love chia!)
2 T hemp hearts (optional)
2 T ground flax seeds (optional)
chocolate protein powder to taste
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I love Enjoy Life brand)

The mixture will be sticky, but if it seems like it won't hold together, add a few more oats. Put mixture if fridge for 30 min to make it easier to handle. Spray a small cookie scoop and shape into balls. Place flat in gallon ziplocs to freeze (and so you won't each the whole batch the same day!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment