Friday, November 7, 2014

Candy Bar Brownies

I think this might be coming a week too late.... Or do you have more self-control than me? I now have no Hershey's, Snickers or Reese's left in our Halloween bowl. But...I had an ABUNDANCE last week and had to take dinner to someone who had just had a baby. It was the perfect dessert and helped rid the house of a lot of chocolate (which I CANNOT resist). This recipe is my mother-in-law's and definitely a favorite!

CANDY BAR BROWNIES
Ingredients:
3/4 C Melted Butter
2 C sugar
4 Eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/3 c baking cocoa
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
4 snickers bars cut into pieces
3 plain Hershey's (or with almonds...your personal preference here) bars cut up (I just grabbed all my kids Hershey's and snickers and Reese's and threw it in....there's a lot of wiggle room here with the amount and what kind of bandy bar you use!)

Directions:
Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Combine flour, cocoa, caking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside 1/4 c. of the dry mixture to coat candy with. Pour mixed dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Toss snickers bar pieces into the reserved dry mix. Stir into batter. Pour into greased 9x13 (I made two pie dishes instead...one for us, one for them! :)). Sprinkle chopped Hershey's bar pieces on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool and then serve. Wouldn't hurt to top it with vanilla ice cream. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment