Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Enchilada Casserole

pic and recipe courtesy of jamiecooksitup.net

This sounded so good to me and it was DELICIOUS! I was surprised at how yummy it was. I am DEFINITELY making it again. Even my husband asked for seconds and my three year old ate it.

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground beef

1 small onion, chopped (I used minced dried onions)
1 T minced garlic
salt and pepper
1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican stewed tomatoes
3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 1/2 T taco seasoning
1 t lime juice
1/2 C sour cream
1 T butter
9 flour tortillas
3-4 C cheddar cheese, shredded

DIRECTIONS:
Brown beef with onions and garlic. Season with S&P. Add tomatoes and chilies and beans. Then add seasoning. Incorporate. Then add butter and sour cream and lime juice. Bring to a low boil. Spray the bottom of a 9x13. Spoon 1/3 of meat sauce into pan. Layer three tortillas, slightly overlapping. Add another layer of meat then top with cheddar cheese. Then tortillas, then meat, then cheese. Cook at 350, covered for about 45 minutes. (I accidentally cooked mine uncovered and it was done in 30 minutes and it was slightly crispy and DELICIOUS!). I topped mine with tortilla chips.





0 comments:

Post a Comment