Monday, April 8, 2013

Curried Chicken


I am not a curry fan at all, but there have been a couple of curry recipes I've tried that I love.  This is one of them.  Ignore the lentils in the picture above.  I forgot to take a picture of my finished product, and although it looks a lot like the above picture, it does not have lentils.  Grab some Naan bread from the store to go with it or eat it with rice.  Or try both like we did.  Either way, it's delicious!

Curried Chicken

2 lb chicken cubed
15 roma  tomatoes sliced,thin then halved
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3  t. curry powder *
2 t.  chili powder
¼ t. cumin
2 t. salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
chopped fresh cilantro to taste

Heat oil in wok or very large saucepan over medium.
Add tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes, stirring
Add chili powder, curry, cumin salt and garlic.  Cook 3 minutes.
Raise heat  to Med-high and add chicken .  Stir fry for 5 minutes.

Turn heat down to medium or medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve with fresh cilantro, rice  and/or Naan bread.
*I use regular McCormick curry powder, but if I want a bit more heat, I subsitute half of the curry powder with red curry powder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment