Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chicken Fajita Mac and Cheese

Pic courtesy Annies Eats
I made this last week and it was delicious. And talk about an easy and kid-friendly weeknight meal! I actually think it would have been just as good, if not better without the chicken. I mean, who eats chicken mac and cheese anyway, right? Yum!

Chicken Fajita Mac and Cheese
adapted from Annie's Eats 

12 oz. pasta shapes, such as rotini
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced (optional)
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp. butter
3 bell peppers (multiple colors), seeded and thinly sliced (I used one bell pepper b/c my husband is vegetable-averse and it was delicious)
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
½ cup sour cream
8-12 oz. monterey jack cheese or pepperjack if you like some spice


0 comments:

Post a Comment