Sunday, November 18, 2012
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is Beau's favorite meal, and I make it for him whenever I know he needs a pick-me-up, or when I just want to surprise him and let him know he is special.
You will need:
1 box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (Noodles and Cheese Packet)
1 pot of water
1/2 Stick of Butter
1-2 Cups of Milk
1) Fill a pot about three-quarters full of water and bring to a boil. There's no need to measure the water, since you'll be draining the noodles later.
2) While the water is coming to a boil, get out your ingredients. Measure 1/4 cup milk and cut off the amount of butter you'll need. The instructions call for more butter, but if you like it creamy, use the full amount.
3) Pour in the noodles when the water reaches a rolling boil and bubbles are actively rising to the top. Lower the heat to medium-high. Stir a few times so they won't stick together.
4) Drain the noodles when they soften (you can tell by tasting it, or having good timing). Turn off the heat. Pour the noodles back into the pan.
5) Add the butter and stir. Keep stirring until the noodles are coated and the butter is completely melted.
6) Pour in the cheese sauce, making sure to get all of the powder from the corners.
7) Pour milk over the sauce, and then stir everything together, working from the edge of the pot inwards, in a folding motion.Beau likes it extra saucy, so just keep pouring in milk until your husband is satisfied.
8) Scoop into a bowl and enjoy your meal!
Each box serves 2-3, but if your husband is extra hungry like Beau, he might need an entire box (or two!) to himself.
Posted by Rachel Amy Jewkes at 3:42 PM