Sunday, June 12, 2011

Queso Blanco Dip

photo from cooking-mexican-recipes.com
Finally a cheese dip that doesn't clump up!  I did do a lot of altering.  First, I would half this because it makes a ton and the cheese isn't cheap.  Second, I would switch the amounts of monterrey jack vs. american because I personally prefer the taste of monterrey jack.  And third, I didn't add any of the veggies except for the tomato which is technically a fruit anyhow.  I like a plain cheese myself.


Queso Blanco Dip
From Annie’s Eats
Yield: about 2 cups
Ingredients:
1 tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
12 oz. white American cheese, shredded*
4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
¼-2/3 cup milk
1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
*White American cheese can be found at the deli counter in most grocery stores.
Directions:
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add the onion and jalapeño to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.  Reduce the heat to medium-low.  Add both of the shredded cheeses and ¼ cup of the milk.  Whisk or stir until completely melted.  Mix in the tomato and cilantro, and add additional milk gradually as necessary to achieve desired consistency.  Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment