Monday, April 26, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Pic courtesy of McConnor Blog

Out with the cold and in with the...chicken salad sandwiches! Oh, how I adore chicken salad in the spring! I was first introduced to chicken salad sandwiches not even 2 years ago and I became an instant fan. I've tried many different recipes, but have finally found one that, in my opinion, is the best. I made this for a friend's birthday party last week and everyone raved.

Chicken Salad Sandwich
adapted from allrecipes.com

  • 2 1/2 cups diced and chilled, cooked chicken meat
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced, seedless grapes
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • dash of cayenne pepper

Toast almonds at 375 for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold in remaining ingredients and chill. Serve on bread (croissants are the best), crackers, romaine lettuce leaves, or eat it straight out of the bowl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment